Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Housewife turned milk maid... sounds kinky doesn't it?

Have I ever told you how much I love my bed? Or maybe it's how much I love to sleep. This morning my alarm went off at 5:15. I'm pretty sure I only hit the snooze button twice but it's already 5:48 and I've only poured myself a cup of coffee and fed Buttercup. She almost has the bottle thing down, I think by tonight she'll be a pro which is good because tonight we have a babysitter coming. (I have a date) The downside for me is reinforcing that Buttercup gets no more than 6oz. It's so tempting just to let her eat as much as she wants but yea, can't hardly do that. Humans need the stomach of a goat, that'd teach us.

My hands are sore this morning but I don't think it's all just the milking. I have arthritis in my knees (I know, too young, right?), well that's what the doc who did my knee surgery called it when I was 17. Anyhow, I've been getting the funky feeling I might have it a little in my hands. But than I read somewhere that building up muscle in arthritic joints is good for them. So walking downhill to the barn half a million times everyday just to walk back uphill to the house a million times a day and milking twice a day (eight times if you count each teat when the other goat has her kids) should be good for both my knees and my hands. I guess we'll find out.

I probably shouldn't jinx myself but I have a date. Finally. Someone from eHarmony. Bout time. Like I said I shouldn't jinx myself. Considering I had to ask (oh so sheepishly) if we could start our date early in the afternoon so I could be back in time to milk my goat (I'm sure he's heard that request before. Right!). It sounds like the worse brush off ever. Doesn't it? Um excuse me, I really like you but I have to milk my goat. As if dating couldn't get any easier. Right? 6pm rolls around and I turn into a pumpkin or um a milk maid. Ha! Oh the humor (or horror). Cracks me up really. (a long romp in the hay and 5am rolls around, whoops! gotta milk my goat! be right back. hold that thought!) Ok I better quite before I go back to bed and pull the covers over my head and sleep till noon. I should get one of those little milk maid costumes. Ooo that could be fun! hehe Just kidding!

Ok I better drink my coffee and get my bucket together and plug in the barn. Daylight is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment