Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Vacationing...

Did you think it was possible to get a vacation when you're running a farm full time (plus two kids, but no one likes a bragger)? Well I got one. All the rain has caught up to me, I'm sick as a dog. But, my aunt is here taking care of the important stuff with the help of my 8yr old. Milking the goats, turning the eggs in the incubator, taking care of the kids, she even saved my chicken stock. Isn't that nice? So me, I've been watching Sally Field and Barbara Streisand movies, I even watched one with Elvis. I've watched Steel Magnolias, Funny Girl and Fried Green Tomatoes. I've been doing a lot of sleeping too. It seems like forever since I've been able to ignore all my chores. Sure it's not the best way to get a vacation but The River Runs Through It, The Man From Snowy River and Shawshank Redemption along with all the other good movies make it enjoyable. Don't you just love old movies? All of these are from Netflix. It's saved me from being bored to tears while I can't sleep. Technology is great. It hasn't all been laying around though. I did have to rescue a sparrow that decided to fly into the house today. That got the adrenaline pumping (for him and me both). I would have taken a picture but my camera phone was full and I didn't want to hold onto the little fellow any longer than necessary.

This is probably the last vacation I'll get for awhile. Hopefully the next one won't see me stuck in bed getting over a bug. :)

I think I'm going to look for some John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies while I'm online.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment