Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Employees...

I hired my first real employee over the weekend. My brother. He's a little lost in his way and not sure what step to take next and currently unemployed so I nabbed him. We spent the weekend putting up fence. The first step of many that has to be taken to get my garden spots ready is making sure the alpacas can't get where they're not wanted.

Here's the kicker though. Hiring my brother means hiring my mom. She's his unofficial keeper. Shhh... don't tell him I said that. But yea, where my brother goes my mom goes too. She's retired so she has a lot of time on her hands and with my brother unemployed she'd found herself a companion.

Having mom come over wasn't so bad. It will end up costing me more, but she did my Monday chores, or at least half of them. My kitchen is spotless Monday morning before I even got up. I still have a load of laundry to do but the rest of the day will be spent doing some R and D.

So I guess you could say I hired my first 2 employees over the weekend. Let the fun begin!

Oh the reason why. I'm learning how to allocate chores. Since I know for a fact the max hours I could really work is about 100 with a part time sitter for the kids. And there are a few weeks that have enough space for two people working those hours. So see, this is me growing, maturing and accepting the fact that although I AM SuperMom, I can't do everything myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment