Monday, June 7, 2010

What a trip!

Literally. I delivered the first week of garden goodies to all my garden share customers. I'm exhausted! I was busy all weekend making cheese and labels and putting together a little recipe booklet. Then I was up till 2am last night printing out the beginning of my little recipe booklet. No I didn't get up at 4am this morning. :) I got up at 7. Since I caught that bug a couple weeks ago I've been milking in the evening. It's a good thing too, I don't think I would have been able to function at 4am. Besides the fact I took nyquil because I still have enough of a cough to keep me awake at night.

The goat cheese was a big success. No I haven't heard back from any of the customers yet but both my kids love it. I think it's real good too. In fact it's so good I think I'm going to make pizza tonight with it. It is Monday; it is pizza night.

My day isn't done quite yet though. I have to pick the kid up from school, wash all the dairy stuff, make crust for the pizza, milk the goats and half a million other things. I got a late start this morning since I was wrapping everything up at home. I'm a procrastinator and I question myself too much to get things done with time to spare. I guess I do have some time to spare considering I'm sitting down and writing on here.

I accomplished a lot over the weekend, though not even half of my to do list. Ever notice that the to do list never completely gets done? Even if I didn't add anything onto my to do list for the rest of this year I'd still have a million things to get done. Anyways. I built a pen outside for the geese. They're getting big. I can already see Thanksgiving dinner. Actually I have a feeling it's going to be hard to dispatch of all of them, even paying someone else to do it. They already have more character then the chickens. I'm planning on keeping atleast a drake and two hens. Too many more than that and I think I'll over do it.

Oh yea, it stopped raining Saturday, sprinkled a bit Sunday and is really quite nice today. Up in the 70's. Just hot enough to make everything bolt. ha ha. That's optimism I swear.

14 our of 24 eggs hatched successfully over the weekend. 5 eggs hatched half way but didn't make it out. I think it has something to do with the humidity. From what I've read that makes the most sense. But I guess that's not too bad. The smaller batches had a much higher success rate, I think I'll keep them down to a dozen for each hatch. Anyways so that's 22 new chicks growing up, hopefully most of them are hens.

Mr. eHarmony wrote again. The one that didn't find me attractive enough. I didn't read the email though. Just deleted it. Why on earth would anyone bother after the fact? I'm pretty sure I don't need any reminders. Anyways. I wasn't spose to mention that again.

I like that cross out tool. :)

Time to go get the kid and get back to chores. Maybe I should add nap onto that chore list. Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog from raising homemakers blog... I live in the Portland area and was so glad to not have rain on Saturday. It seams like it has rained for a month! Good luck with your baby chicks.