Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.... and other happenings :)

If you haven't seen that movie I highly recommend it. Today has been sprinkling ever so increasingly all day so we've been doing more inside chores than outside. For lunch the kids and I made a berry/yogurt smoothie and watched "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs". I gotta say for a cartoon that is a really fun movie.

I spent the morning picking weeds in the garden for the goats to snack on, put another gallon of milk in the crockpot for cheese, and converted a cupboard into a yogurt incubator (as soon as the cheese is ready to strain I'll be making yogurt and trying it out), started a tray of sunflower seeds, picked up another garden share customer, stuck a turkey breast in the oven for dinner and shoot half a million other things besides the normal farm chores. Tonight I'm going to discover how to love kale.

Yesterday I discovered blossoms on the kiwi vine. I'm excited. It's starting to feel like spring now that summer is almost here. Go figure. Hopefully summer doesn't wait till fall to show up. The good thing about all this funky weather is that it's abnormal which means next year we'll all have forgotten about it. Hopefully!
The geese and turkeys are really growing. Now to get the pig patio made and add a couple of weaners to the farm.

I gotta go pick salad to go with dinner, print out some recipes for my garden customers recipe booklet and slap together a newsletter. Oh and milk the goats. Long evening of chores still to get done.

Hope ya have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment