Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009



Today was my (favorite) aunt's birthday. My aunt was more of a parent to me then either of my biological parents even though she didn't know what to do with me most the time. The one thing she did do for me was make me go to church. Yea, I know some would say it's unfair to make a child go to church, but I will never look badly at her for doing so. In return I do the same for my kids. It's a gift; gift of faith, trust, hope and something bigger then ourselves.
Today my aunt turned 70 so in order to thank her for what she's done for me and my kids I made her this birthday cake. It's not the best cake ever but it tasted pretty good. We spent the afternoon playing croquet with the rest of the family before digging into it.
Here's to appreciating those who take care of us even when they don't know what to do with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment