Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oregon Lavender Festival '09

This weekend Oregon was celebrating their lavender farms. There are almost 3 dozen participating lavender farms that you can visit this weekend and lots of activities to keep the family entertained.






We spent the better part of the day walking around several different farms.
The kids even enjoyed themeselves.

Elizabeth got in a lot of practice walkin on the grass and gravel paths.

Though I think she was more interested
in what might taste good off the ground.
(notice handfuls of something?)




My Aunt Nina is the one who told us about the lavender farms and invited us along with her to see them. When I was growing up my Aunt Nina was almost more of a parent then my own mom. Now days even though she's not Grandma to my kids I refer to her as their Nana. When I found this species of lavender among the many different varieties I thought it was fitting.


Part of the way through our day we stopped in Yahmill at the Artisan Fair to look at booths. Michelle's favorite part of the Fair was the playground; mine was this old tractor they had parked in the corner of the playground. (Can't resist an old tractor!)

And a close up. :)








Who could resist the beauty of fields of purple lavender blowing in the breeze and the fragrant air that you can smell before you even see the fields? (oh and don't forget the natural relaxing properties of lavender)


Well I'm sorry I couldn't share the wonderful scents of the day but atleast I got to share some of the beautiful plants. Hope you enjoy 'em as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment