Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009


It’s Saturday night. I’m relaxing in my big comfy chair watching a chick flick on lifetime. The last three days I’ve had a babysitter here so free reign over the farm chores I do. It’s been great! I’m sore from too much work, burnt from too much sun and tired from too little sleep. I feel awesome!

My big farm chores only get done when I have a sitter for the baby since I she is too small to keep up. When the sitter (my aunt) is here my oldest daughter and I get to work. My oldest is only 7yrs old but she’s a natural when it comes to hard work. Doesn’t complain at all and sleeps even better at night. Just like her mom. I couldn’t be prouder of her!

My youngest has enjoyed a little bit of the outside but it’s been in the 80’s and 90’s the last three days so she hasn’t been allowed out much. She’s got that red head gene in her which means she turns pink very quickly. Her sister and I on the other hand just turn a nice shade of tan. At least twice today I caught myself looking at my bronzed shoulders wishing I was brave enough to do farm chores in a bikini top. Ah to have no tan lines! So far I’ve worn nothing less than a spaghetti strap tank top and no more than a normal tank top out to work (besides the jeans and boots).

We’ve got wasp nests sprayed, the barn door re-hung, the briars cut back and part of the path around the garden put in. Doesn’t sound like a lot when you just look at the simplified list but it’s been enough work to last us almost three days. The only break I’ve gotten so far was a nice lunch date Friday from someone I’ve been pining over for the past 3yrs. (but trying to forget) don’t laugh. It’s just another episode in the sitcom I call my life (I’m almost sure). A girl can dream though, can’t she? At least until reality hits home.

For now I’m content. I have the first of my lemon cucumbers soaking in my home made pickle juice, a good friend from MO chatting with me online and nothing standing in my way of sleep besides the baby possibly waking up for another bottle. I don’t think life could be any better than this.

Oh and I ordered 25 fryers, 5 buff orpington hens and 5 barred rock hens! It’s like waiting for Christmas; I can’t wait till my chicks are delivered! Yay! (Maybe I’ll even see my lunch date from Friday again.)

Smile! I’m smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment