Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

6hrs 50some minutes...

I turned down all my potential dates. I'm sitting at home having a beer and smoking a cigar. I took the kids to my aunt's. The idea was to work the night away but instead I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of an empty house. With so many chores that need to be finished around me reminding me that my job isn't done. Maybe for today it is though.

I've been working on next years calendar - tomorrow's calendar. Wondering where next year will take me. The past 12 months have been patiently sitting still while the next 12 months will be actively moving forward. The last 12 months have been spent recovering and strengthening while the next 12 months will be buidling and testing the limits.

I wish I had someone here with me.

Today I was reminded of old flames, forgotten interests and broken promises. Tomorrow I hope to leave it all behind.

I know it's just another day. But in some ways it's a state of mind. Once again a new start. Starting at 1 and ending at 365. Kinda like each day is a new start, each birthday is a new beginning, a new chance.

Ya know the feeling?

So yea. I'm contemplating the new year. Starting fresh.

It reminds me of when I was 13. We'd just moved to a new town during Christmas break. We had a new address, new school, new neighboors and a new year. I remember thinking this is a chance to make a whole new me.

Maybe I'm going overboard. But I like this moment. When one year ends and another begins.

Is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment