Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Taxes..

This time of year I sometimes miss the simplicity of working for someone else. They mail you your w2 and you're off to H&R, 2 weeks later you're a little richer, 2 days after that you're broke again.

It doesn't work quite like that when your lifestyle is your means of income. So paperwork for breakfast, lunch and dinner till you're sure you've crossed all your i's and dotted all your t's. Er um.. maybe it's the other way around.

If you're lucky enough to have as many expenses as taxes then life isn't so bad (thats me this year) but if you have the misfortune (I know what a double standard huh?) of having a really great year then you tend to dread this time of year.

So yea the rest of this week will be spent wrapping up paperwork for taxes. Then the countdown till payday. I like to call it a holiday bonus. Too bad I couldn't put in for a paid vacation!

Know the feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment