Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gotta love December

Yes, December is significant for Christmas and New Years but it's also a time that the farm slows down, plans get made for the next year and supplies are ordered. I love shopping! Especially for garden and farm stuff.

Though I guess it's not the active task of the past. I get to sit in my pj's in my big comfy chair, a hot cup of coffee at hand and my PC on my lap. Browsing through all the online catalogs. Daydreaming about buckets of honey from those beehives I'll be ordering in Jan, baskets of veggies from the seeds that are now in the mail and on their way. Contemplating should I try raising geese as well as turkeys next spring or just stick with chickens. A steer calf? One or two wiener piglets? Should I try mead this year or continue my quest for the perfect homebrew?

To me, the farmer chick, my stomach growls at the idea of all the glorious home grown food. That's what I get for shopping on an empty stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment